Slipped, pain in bum and front pelvic area, Xrays show no bone damage, pain spreading to thigh

I slipped on wet floor at work, and my left leg went up/sideways at an angle of almost 90 degrees in the bid to stabilize my self with my right leg and not fall. I did not hit the floor. However the pain has increased in the last 3weeks. I now feel sharp pain at the pack of my bom, and also at the front pelvic area. Xrays show no bone damage, my doctors think it is muscluar. But muscular what? I am now very worried as the hip pain has now spread to my thigh. Pls what could be wrong? I limp around, sitting on my left bom is painful.
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012
The pain after a fall with a normal MRI scan is likely to be due to a soft tissue injury in the area. There is no need to worry. rest and pain killers will help in recovery.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,