Slipped, fell, swelling, got dent in skull. Will it go away with time?

I slipped and fell against the piano leg in my living room this am. I had been sitting too long and got up too fast Put pressure on it immediately for about 15-30 min. to prevent swelling . I have a small gash less than an inch in length, but because of the pressure it didn t bleed much. I took my HTN med and I m sitting quietly I m not dizzy, I did not take any pain med because I don t want to mask the pain. I don t take anything anyway. I don t drink alcohol or smoke and my clotting time is pretty good. But I ve got a good dent in my skull . Dr will it go away in time ? Thank You .
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
The dent in the skull can be due to a mild superficial bone injury in the area. If there is no neurological deficit, vomiting or bleeding then there is nothing to worry. This will heal gradually.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,