Slipped and fell, entire weight on finger. Pain in finger, hurts to move. Suggestions?

hi, i am having some pain in my finger , well actually its where the metacarpal and proximal phalanx connect. I think that is where the metacarpophalangeal joint is. I slipped and fell on the steps one day, and almost all my weight was on my finger and it bend towards the pinky. It really hurt and now I am having pains, and can t grip anything. It also hurts when move my finger, i have tried to stretch it out but it seems like nothing is improving it. I wasnt sure if should go to the doctor because i dont know what they would do for it. I am wondering what you think is the problem with my finger and what should i do?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012