Slightly reddened lump on the nose, different skin texture. Intermittent red blotches. What could it be?

My daughter is 9. She saw her pediatrician today for a lump on the nose. She has had intermittent red blotches show up for several years in the same area. Then they sort-of subside. This newest onset began a few weeks ago. At first, it looked like it was acne , but I didn t think so given her history. Then I thought it might be a wart , but it has grown wider (about the size of a dime) and is raised. The skin is a different consistency. The pediatrician asked if there was a history of skin cancer in the family - and there is (squamous cell and basal cell). She wants her to see a dermatologist. Of course, today is a Saturday and we have no way to even call for an appointment until next week. Was wondering if you had any other ideas of what it could be. It is slightly reddened, but skin colored. The pediatrician did not think it looked like eczema .
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013