Slightly overweight, type 1 diabetic. What can explain palpitations? Low potassium?

18 year old male, slighty overweight , type 1 diabetic, Recently I ve been experiancing heart palpitations which seem quite strong at times and I even went to the ER for it last night because I didn t know what it was, the doc there said i m ok, just had slightly low potassium so I had a couple K pills and was on my way. But now as I m laying in bed Trying to sleep I m feeling them again, and I think I may have fealt ad irreagular beat. Should I go back to the doctor today or am I just being paranoid?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012