Slightly elevated glucose levels, pregnant. On long acting insulin. Sugar tests done showing FBS, PP. Will high levels harm my child?

Are my glucose readings bad for the baby? i am 38 yrs, and 31 weeks pregnant and observed that right from conception date to now i have had almost 60 readings including fasting and pp which were in the 140 to 160 + mgdl. my ultrasound reports and other tests so far all good as per the gynac and my diabetologist says there s nothing to worry is it ok? i have gained 6 kgs so far and reports so far show fetal weight around 1kg +. i am having more of protein in my diet with @ least 4 eggs (2 whites , 2 with yolk)) a day besides whole grains, meat and cheese milk twice a day with diabetic protein pwd and 1 without..I was put on long acting insulin from 5th mth till now . started at 10u and now at 18u.changed to 20 u since 2 days as my diabetologist checked my hba1c and it is 6.5 from 2 mths back 6.3. my diabetologist thinks i worry too much about the high sugars which have rarely also gone above 170 due to eating a wrong food .my first preg was hassle free and so obviously i am concerned. 60 high readings are not a small number i wonder for a 280 day levels begin to spike in the evenings so do i need a short acting insulin too or is the long acting fine
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012