Slight weight gain, acne outbreak, carving for sweet. Sign of hormonal imbalance? How to control?

I m a 17 year old girl who has recently notice a slight weight gain along with increased acne production and a consistent craving for sweet foods. I was wondering if there was anyway these symptoms may be related to a hormonal imbalance. I am currently on a low dose Sprintec tablet for heavy periods and acne but have recently found that the tablet has become somewhat ineffective as i have a had a full course period while on the pill. Please , any advise is appreciated.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013