Slight vaginal discharge with traces of blood, intense itching around the vaginal opening. Thrush or STI?

Hi. I wonder if you can offer some advice. I have today started with what appears to be the symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection but there is also a slight discharge which appears to have some blood in it. The discharge started before the itching and the itching feels to be well inside the vagina rather than lower down/around the opening which it how I usually experience thrush. I would normally just get some canesten over the counter but am wondering whether the blood in the discharge could be a sign of a different infection/STI? Is blood in the discharge a normal sympton of thrush please?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012