Slight throat pain, chest congestion, dry cough. Due to viral infection?

Hello, I have been experiencing slight pain on the left side of my throat for 2 weeks, this is accompanied with slight heavy/congested feeling in chest for a few days. I have a dry cough and feel more tired than usual but no other symptoms. I went to a doctor who barely examined me and said it was probably viral, and at the same time said it was weird it lasted for two weeks. No help/advice was provided. What could this be? Should I go back to another doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012