Slight swelling and abrasions in knee after getting hit. Difficulty walking and hiking. Pain in knee cap? How can it be treated?

About a 6 wks ago I lost my footing and about 4 feet onto my knees. The right knee landed hardest on a hard concrete surface There was slight swelling and abrasions but after ice and resting, it was sore but i could walk, hike etc.. The last 2-3 weeks however, if I even brush against it slightly it feels like a burning sensation right under the knee cap and I am immobilized for several minutes with profound pain. There is a red spot that has returned just to the left side of the kneecap and I can feel something rolling beneath my fingertips if I touch there, that is not present on the left kneecap.
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012