Slight hearing loss in left ear, high pitched noise. Septoplasty done. Causes for hearing loss?

HI there, for the last 7-8 weeks I have been experiencing slight deafness in my left ear. It comes and goes and was full gone for about 2 weeks without any symptoms at all but they have come back again. Over the last 2 days I have been experiencing a kind of robotic high pitched noise every time I hear someone speak at a certain pitch, its very annoying. The hearing in my left ear is very tinny when compared to my right ear. I have no pain whatsoever in my ear and no disharge I had a Septoplasty done in Sep. 11, could this have anything to do with it or is it an infection perhaps ?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012