Slight gurgling in chest, intermittent pain, dry cough, plaques in left atrium, increase in triglycerides with medicine. Suggestions?

Hi. this is hard to describe.. I get this slight girgurling in the my chest area and slight come and go pain on the left to uperside. also a cough that is generally dry. I had all sorts of heart tests last year and all came back Ok basically. My Primary who is a Pulmonary specialists said the cathordization test I had showed slight small plaques in the left Atrium I think it was.. or some part of the left side of my heart and said those are the type that can break free and if so could poss casue a heart attack. so he wanted me to start a cholesterol med to clear that out, to lower my LDL and raise my HDL too . I did some research and said I think i ll try some Omega 3 s since I heard they do the same basic thing as the Sterols but with no possible issues with the liver if u drink. I did that for about 5-6 months then got retested and they said the LDL and HDL went up,, triglicerides went down. so 2 of the 3 is good news but he still thinks I should go on the sterol so Istarted last night with Pravastatin, 40 mg /day. Originally he was gonna put me on Pravachol 20mg/day. I also have been taking a baby aspirin/day and Lexapro 10 mg/day , occasional milk thistle and multivitamin. I know I have issues with my gut as I can get some wicked gas at times.. and acid reflux. indigestion, etc and I have moderate to severe internal Hemrhoids which I m contemplatting having surgury to remove. I also work in a retirement/ skilled care/ assistaed living community.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013