Slight elevation, redness, sharp pain near pubic bone with circular hard growth underneath. Any ideas?

Greetings, I have a small question regarding an area of slight concern. Around the pubic bone I had what appears to be a slight elevation in the skin, red and sore to touch, with a sharp pain. Under it though is some kind of circular hard growth, about an inch in diameter but I can t tell how deep. It s not been there more than months so I m thinking it s nothing like cancer . Any idea what it s likely to be?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013