Slight drooping of lower right lip, numbness around surrounding area. History of stroke, MRI normal. Suggestions?

I noticed a very slight droop of my lower right lip nearly a week ago, with slight numbness around that area of my mouth. I called my neurologist (I had a stroke due to vertebral artery dissection in June) and he said he would see me when I returned to town to do a possible MRI, although he said my treatment of a baby aspirin a day would probably remain the same regardless. The numbness is gone, but I still have the droopy lip. I can control it, but when it is relaxed my mouth hangs open slightly enough that I can see the teeth on that side of the mouth only. My doctor is on vacation and won t see me until January 10th, I am wondering if I should go to the ER and ask to have the MRI done sooner. My doctor indicated that further than a week from the event it may not show up on the MRI? More background, I did have some facial numbness and tingling prior to my stroke in April days before I delivered my son, but it resolved within an hour or so and my OBGYN did not seem to think it was Bell s Palsy. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012