Slight cramp on my hip bone. what could be the cause of it ?

For the past few weeks when I goto bed and lay on my left side, my right side feels like the bottom of my ribcage is going in too far and touching something or like a slight cramp that really doesn t hurt, just feels strange. It s in the spot where you would get a cramp from walking too fast. But, when I wake up after sleeping for even 1 hour and I start to turn over it feels like it is stiff and I am ripping something when I try to turn to the other side. The pain goes from my right upper side toward my back. Then once I am turned over it doesn t hurt anymore. It feels like there is something in my side, when I am sitting or laying on my left side. I have pushed around but I don t feel anything any different from the other side. I don t know if this could be backed up gas or my liver ? I feel like my stomach is bigger than usual, but not sure.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jul 2011
Hi,thanks for query.What you might be having is either a simple muscular pain or some renal problems like infection or stone.As you do not have any other symptoms the case of muscular pain seems to be more likely.This could happen due to some bad sitting posture during the day or bad sleeping style.please do not worry in absence of other symptoms.Try to apply some analgesic over the area and you will be fine.