Slight change in voice, ear pain post sore throat, fleshy growth on the soft palate. Recommended ENT's advise. Serious?

hi i am a 50 yr old female. I am in good health. woke up to a sore throat only on the right side ,ear pain on the right side and fatigue . the sore throat and ear pain is gone. Slight change in voice and right ear pain has been off and on for about a year. i thought it was my allergies. i have a flesh colored growth on my soft palate where my throat had been hurting. i did go visit my doctor and he is sending me to a ENT doctor. i am a little scared!
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012