Slight bleeding and discomfort since cervical cauterisation with silver nitrate. Any post treatment precautions ?

Hi! I had a cervical cauterisation with silver nitrate on Friday, the gynaecologist who performed the procedure was being supervised as he was a student. Once he had finished I asked if there was anything I should expect or anything I should avoid doing. He said nothing and to carry on as normal. I didn t think that sounded right and the following morning I had slight bleeding and the discomfort has been continuous. The bleeding is very little but still here. I haven t had sex and I don t feel like I should to prevent infection. I am more concerned by the lack of information post treatment, especially as I was told to expect nothing and I have been bleeding and had discomfort.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013