Sleeplessness, irritation. Histroy of tragedy in family. Not keen on sleeping pills. Advice

lost my husband unexpectedly aged 58 ten weeks ago,at home with meheart attack. was fit and had had no symptons .had been to doc week before and had all clear apart from being sent for blood tests. so was a shock to everyonr including doc.finding it very hard to cope .cant sleep for more than 3 hours at ago keep crying uncontrollably at times .have been given diazapam 2mg (only 14) to take when it gats too bad but they seem to have very little effect .I have been given sleeping tabs which help me sleep but only a few so am having to ration them myself.dont want to take them all the time but find it hard to cope if i dont sleep -just get more upset more often.dont know whether to ask gp for more as she is not very keen on suscribing them even though i dont want to take them too often myself.I would not do anything stupid with them .am not having suicidal thoughts i cant i have elderly parents to help
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013