Slammed into the tibia in severe force, had instant pain, painful. Fractured?

I was winding up an air hose with a large metal connector attached to the end. As I was doing this the end swung around from about a six foot circle and slammed into my left tibia with a pretty severe force. I naturally had instant pain and brushed it off. I have no swelling , bruise or mark at the impact sight but it is very painfully Even when a sock presses against it. I can walk without pain. This was five days ago. Is it possible I fractured the bone?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013