Skull fracture to the frontal bone with hematoma. Normal walking and talking. Eyes detected with astigmatism. Could this be due to injury?

Hi, A few weeks ago my nephew 21 months old fell out of a window (screen protected no glass) on to the concrete below (about 8 feet ). He was responsive the entire time and rushed to the hospital. He suffered a small skull fracture (with a mild hematoma ) to the frontal bone just above his left eye. He was in hospital for 7 days and is now back at home. I know this is very early days, but all seems to be ok in terms of cognition, walking, talking, playing all apart from his left eye. He has seen a optamologist and has been diagnosed with an astigmatism . Can this be a result of the injury or is this something he was born with? Also he is not wanting to use the injured eye, I am just concerned that he will not be able to use it in the future, could this be a posibilty?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012