Skipping heart beats, breathlessness, anxiety, overweight. Is it normal?

Hi, i m an 18 year old female and sometimes out of no where it feels like my heart skips a beat or stops beating for a couple of seconds, but then starts beating again. I also feel like I cant breathe in that second that it happens. I m a little bit overweight , I do suffer from severe anxiety , but i am not on any medication . when this heart thing occurs, usually I will be relaxed and not panicking over anything, so I dont underdtand why this is happening. Is it normal at all? Or should I go to the doctors to get a check up? I dont want the doc to think i m stupid because i m still young and I am worrying about my heart already!
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012