Skinned knee badly post fall, had infected, was diagnosed with staph, cut has become purple and raised, looks fluid filled. Remedy?

my son fell off his dirt bike a month ago and skinned his knee bad - he got an infection and was dx with staph. He took antibiotics and seemed to get better. Now the cut on the knee is purple/black and raised. - no fever no streaking. After a shower it gets soft and looks like its filled with fluid. Not sure what to do. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Hi, Majita,
Thanks for query.
It seems that your son developed Hematoma i.e. blood collection in knee joint.
Wait for some time, if it does not dissolve then he has to go for aspiration of blood from the joint.
ok and bye.