Skin surface uneven from peeling wet wound. Advised dermabrasion. History of chicken pox. Recommendations?

I had a viral infection/chicken pox when i was 15. Now I am 26 years. Most of the scarring was on right side of my face.The scars faded away as days passed by. Since i peeled the wound on my cheekbone before it got healed, i seem have made the scar to make the skin surface uneven. When i met with a doctor advised me to get the dermabrasion but also mentioned it might be cure 100% cured.I would like to know is there any other way to get it cured.
I had thought about laser treatment but was afraid to get it done as it might have any side effects.
Appreciate your response.!
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013