Skin scraped on shin, soreness, inflammation. Prescribed cephalexin. What else can be done?

I have had skin off my shins (from a slight fall) two weeks ago, which will not heel. I had been bathing in Dettol and putting antiseptic powder on them, to no avail. Saw a doctor 5 days ago when soreness and inflammation was no better. He prescribed Cephalexin 500mg tis, which are more than half gone. Also NO bathing or applications - just keep dry. I have strictly kept to this regime, but there seems to be no improvement. Is there nothing else I can do?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013