Skin peeling in the scalp, cracked in a few places after sun exposure. Using aloe-gel. Cure?

Hello, I have a quick question. I recently went to Easter Island without a hat but used sunscreen as readily as possible during my hikes -- unfortunately I m 100% bald and the damage was quick -- my head peeled 2x and started to peel a 3rd was brittle and cracked in a few places. I started the aloe-gel healing process that I m used to and now that I m back home...small brown spots (like freckles) have appeared in about 20% of the surface area...what are they likely to be and will they fade back to nothing?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013