Skin on shin is abraded and numb. Had stumbled on curbing. Have painful bumps. Fracture?

About 2 weeks ago I stumbled on curbing (3x3 ft with two pipes about 2 in in diameter that had been cut down sticking up about 3 to 4 inches) I hit my left shin...the skin is abraded (6 in directly over the shin bone) on the outer side the skin is numb....on the inside it is very painful. There are 2 large bumps spaced about 4 inches apart. It is still very painful and I know it takes time to heal but it has never bruised and it hurts pretty bad to walk on. I did ice it when I got home and the swelling has gone down a little but not much. I was wondering if maybe I might have a fracture or just really dented the tibia really bad.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013