Skin irritation on left torso, sensation of sunburns. Had strep throat. What kind of an allergy is this?

I have had a skin irritation on the left side of my torso that mirrors itself from my back to my front - above my waiste to below my sternum. There is no visible sign of anything, but it has the sensation of sunburn - it feels ok unless my skin touches something. It has been going on about 3 weeks. About 2 weeks in to the skin pain, I felt ill and found out I had Strep Throat . Started antibiotics for that yesteday, but no change. Told doctor, he did not think it was shingles . My wife thinks it is a virus of sorts - any thoughts?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012