Skin inflammation on knuckle, itchy, not painful. Peeling skin after using Desonate

I have inflamation of the skin on top of the knuckle closest to the nail (for past two weeks). It itches sometimes, isn t painful, and I have complete movement of the finger (bending normally without any pain). It is not a joint problem, but just the skin. I ve been seeing a dermitologist for seborrheic dermatitis ( scalp ) and actinick keratoris (both ears). He initially prescribed Desonate for the scalp and then DHS Tar Shampoo on a susequent visit. The scalp and ear conditions are nearly gone. He also said I could use the Desonate on the inflamed knuckle. After using the Desonate on the finger, the skin got flaky and peeled off revealing pink, soft skin underneath (like after a blister pops). The inflamed condition returned. Any thoughts.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013