Skin infection in groin, raised lumps with few white blisters, intense itching during night, red area extending to thigh. Will Itch guard help?

I have developed a bad skin infection in my groin since 3 days. 3 nights back, both my thighs at groin was itching and I was scratching the whole night. Also the skin of my balls.When I woke up, i found a large black/red patch on either thigh. There were many raised lumps and a few white blisters. I had a bath, applied metrogyl ointment and since past three days, I am applying Clotrimazole . The itching has subsided to a large extent. Only at night, I wake up with urge to scratch. In day, I can control without scratching. Today, I noticed a redness area extending beyond the infected area on my right thigh. The infected area still remains infected. I am wondering if I shoul change to ITCH GUARD ?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012