Skin has turned dark due to reaction from anesthsia cream, advised Demelan cream. Will it help?

Hello Sir, I had gone for an Radio frequency treatment .The lady had applied a Pain numbing cream( anesthesia ) and the numbing cream has reacted with my skin and my skin has turned dark.I went back to the doctor and she has suggested me to apply Demelan Cream everyday before bedtime for 15 days.she said the skin has darkened due to the reaction with the anesthesia cream and the skin will get get to its original colour .can you please suggest me if the doctor has guided me correctly by askin me to apply demelan cream.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012