Skin gets burnt in the sun. Using sun block. Suggestions to get a supple, healthy skin?

i know this question you might have answered numerous times. but we all want to look beautiful in all ages. my skin gets pretty burnt in the sun inspite of my using sun block recommended by a doctor. i am anyway brown and with the sun damage my skin looks very dull, patchy and even darker. my question wouid be if i can do anything along side to keep my skin supple, healthy and even toned and regain the shine and glow that i really really want. are there any creams that i can use. i drink lots of water and eat healthy and i do have a very healthy outdoor lifestyle.
thank you doctor
my email is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013