Skin discoloration after intense workout.I have not ever had this before - any ideas on what this is ?

I workout regularly. Monday I had an intense cardio workout (more than I have done in the past). After taking a cold shower I noticed my skin was red and blotchy, essentially from head to toe. These aren t bumps and aren t really itchy at all - just skin very blotchy. I do have a slight cold as well. I woke up the day after and the skin discoloration was still there, but not as bad. After working out today, they are back to the same color as yesterday. I haven t ever had this before - any ideas on what this is?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Jan 2011