Skin darkening on forehead, travelling in the sun. Tried depiwhite cream. Treatment?

i was travelling in hot sun and an atmosphere full of traffic for a period of 3 -4 weeks without wearing helmet and finally it ended up in my skin blackening on the left and right corners of the fore head.Ii consulted a dermatologists and they prescribed me a sunscreen and depiwhite cream ...i was done with one full lot ...but couldn t get the blackness eradicated .Any suggestions on how to get back my original colour?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012