Skin bump on shoulder. Filled with blood. What could it be?

Hi, my name is Mike and I have this skin bump on my shoulder . About 2 months ago, I woke up with blood draining down my shoulder and arm , after cleaning, I noticed a small bump on the top of my shoulder. Today, I popped the bump, because it was getting annoying, and I noticed after bleeding a few tissues of blood out, that it was skin formed like a volcano with blood in the middle. I don t know what it is or what to do. It s the same color as my skin: white, except that it is full of blood. Can you help me?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Hi Mike! Thank you for your question and welcome to HCM.

I know that this really worries you. It seems just like a benign cystic collection of blood based on your description. However, it is very difficult to precisely give you a diagnosis without actually seeing the bump, examining it, and running some tests. For the exact diagnosis, I suggest that you get it examined and treated by a dermatologist.

In the meantime, clean the open wound and apply pressure on the bump using a clean, sterile bandage until the bleeding stops. Keep the wound covered, clean, and dry until you see the dermatologist.

I sincerely hope that I was able to answer your question and help you in this dilemma. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to ask me (

Take care!

Dr. Galera