Skin breaking out, have birth control implanted. Is it due to HSV?

yes my skin is crazy because after i got pregnaNT in november of last year i been breaking out like sumthing been biting me and there i go picking at it peeling the skin and it go away and leave black spots i had my baby july of this year and had birth control inplanted in my arm but my skin is still doing it when i was pregnant all my std were negative including hiv but positive for hsv so do you think its coming from that
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
you didn't say where u r having that skin problems in ur body. as per your explanations it seem to be due to hormonal effect of your birthcontrol implants. get a dermatologist opinion , it will do with some soothing creams.HSV will produce genital ulcers[sores]
Dermatologist Dr. Praveen Rodrigues's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there.

Positivity for HSV lasts for quite sometime after the acute infection subsides with a lot of waxing & waning.

Which parts of your skin are breaking out? Is it possible to upload photographs online.

Dermatology is a very visual field & as such, it is best you visit a dermatologist near you.

These 'eruptions' will require a skin biopsy to ascertain for sure what the cause if & to take the treatment further!

But Yes, i do think the HZV will have a role to play.

Wish You good health for the future & hope this gets sorted soon. Cheers!

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD