Skin around toe nail red, swollen,warm and painful. Pain more when on feet. White spots on nails, bit rough. Have clotting problems, Family history. How to get rid of them?

I m having a problem with my big toe on my right foot . The skin around the base of my nail, as well as the left side of my nail, is dark red, swollen and warm. It is also painful. The discoloration and pain is much worse when i am on my feet, better if I am off of them with my feet proped up. This pain and discoloration lasts for a couple of days, then subsides (during this time I am taking aspirin a few times a day). This has happened several times over the last few months. My nail also has corresponding white spots, as well as feels a bit rough at the base and left side. I am 44 years old and have problems with clotting. My father also has problems with clotting and gout , my daughter has juvenile arthritis . Any suggestions on how I can et this to go away for good?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012