Skin around the head of penis splits after sex. What can we do to stop it ?

Hi my partner is having problems with his skin around the head of his penis everytime we try to have sex his skin splits and so we cant carry on, this has been happening for many months now and so we just havent had sex for 3 months, because of the pain for him and the healing . last night we tried to have to have sex and it happened again, he says that it doesnt help because i am tight ( im on the change and yes we do use lubricant), ive asked him to go to the gp but wont because hes embarrassed, i havent put him under any pressure but to be honest i really want our sex life to get back to normal, so could really do with your help as to the cause and what we can do to stop it continualey happening.thaks
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013