Sites where blood taken are swollen. Anything wrong ?

Had blood taken from both arms for a couple of tests (she didn t realise I needed two samples taken and had already taken the needle out) and both needle sites blew up upon removing the needles. An hour later they are both still swollen when I take pressure off. Is this anything to worry about or can I just get on with my day. Was hoping for a run later today.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012
Hi, Ejw,
Thanks for query.
Nothing to worry,while taking needle out from the vein there might be some extravasation of blood from the vein causing discoloration and some swelling on the site.
You can apply ice on it or apply thrombophob cream.
Within a day or 2 it will be alright.
Ok and bye.