Sinusitis, liquid coming out of nose, allergy, pressure behind eyes while flying. Causes?

Hi. I m 22 and have been suffering with sinusitis for about 4-5 years now. At this point I have had sinusitis for about 5 months - it gets better-worse-better, but doesn t go away. I have also been diagnosed allergy towards cats, dogs, horses, rabbits, bed bugs, dust and library dust , no allergies towards plants, as far as test have shown. I have recently experienced intense pressure behind my eyes and on my forehead while flying, but flying isn t something uncommon to me - I have done it about 40 times before these incidents. It feels like I get stabbed between my eyebrows and it hurts so badly in my upper sinuses that tears begin running down my face. I have previously taken a CT scan of my nose, but my doctor never reported back on the results, which should mean that nothing bad was found, but I will actually call her on monday to ask her about it. I recently got sick. I can t remember this happening before, but my nose is really runny, but what comes out first doesn t look like mucus at all! There is often clear, sometimes yellow or greenish mucus coming out, which is common for sinusitis, but the main reason for which I have been blowing my nose every 3 to 5 minutes for the last 3 days is that there is a clear liquid that slowly begins to seep out. Is this something normal, or could this be something worse than just a cold? I have read about a possibility for cerebrospinal fluid leaking out... how common is this? Is it important that I go to my current family doctor to get this checked out, or should I wait a little and see if the clear fluid stops dripping out? He usually reacts to my complaints with saying to come back if things get worse... How bad is it that I very suddenly have began getting this very big build up of what seems like pressure when flying? I m gong to have to fly quite a bit the upcoming months and I m worried about the pain I get. UPDATE: yes, the problem was unilateral - the fluid was coming out from only my right nostril. I think I might want to check my nose again...
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013