Sinus, swelling above left eye, pain. Using galvus met tab. Is it side effect?

Hi I am using Galvus met 50 mg/1000 mg twice a day 15 mins before food. I am having sinsus problem as well. Past one month I am having a swelling above my left eye and severe pain, initially I thought it could be because of Sinus and consulted an ENT he gave me some medicines but the pain didnt come down. when I started analyzing from when this pain started it is The time i started using Galvus met tab. it is just my assumption. Is my assumption could be correct, will there be pain above eye and swelling could be side effects of this Tab. Please suggest
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012
Diabetologist 's  Response
Your swelling has nothing to do with Galvus Met. I think it appeared incidentally when you started taking Galvus Met. To me it seems to be an inflammatory swelling since it is painful. You should better see an experienced surgeon and get it treated. Also get to an endocrinologist for tight sugar control in case the need for surgery arises.
Good luck