Sinus pressure, cough and sneezing. Taking antibiotics, condition worsened. Is it a sinus infection?

My husband has had a cold for the last 2 weeks. Sinus pressure, coughing, sneezing . Took him to our local medical center yesterday and they put him on antibiotics for a sinus infection . For the last 3 days he has a low grade fever 99.8 and his skin is ultra sensitive. He is taking cold/sinus medicine ( otc as recommended by dr), ibuprofen for headache and ammoxicillin for antibiotics twice a day. He isn t getting better, he seems to be getting worse with being lethargic and off balance. It s almost as if he can t stay awake for more than an hour. Should I maybe be concerned about flu or some other virus that may be attacking his system? They did not swab him or run tests, just checked his ears and throat.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012