Sinus infection, mucus at the back of throat, blocked nose, cause

Hello, I currently have a sinus infection and yesterday some mucus came down the back of my throat as my nose feels completely blocked off, I was alarmed to find a fleshy lump within the mucus and examined it more closely. It was kind of pink and white in colour with tiny bits of blood (some bits looked like little blood vessels), it felt like a lump of gristle. Now I m worrying I might have a tumor at the back of my nose could you please advise me whether I should see my GP? Is it something I should be worrying about?
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012