Sinus infection led to ear infection. On prednisone, ceftin. What else can I take?

Hello, I am currently being treated for an ear infection brought on by a sinus infection . I was given Amoxocillin 875 mg to take every 12 hours after four days there was no improvement only regression with the ear getting worse. I returned to the doctor and received Prednisone and Ceftin along with Flonase . Improvements were quickly noticed after the first dosage, however this is the second night my right ear clogs after showing improvement during the day. My question to you is there anything else I could do to relieve the night time congestion?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013