Sinus infection, have cold, clogged ears. Taken amoxicillin and botox shots. Explain?

Hi, in December, 2011 I had a bad cold that left me to wake up one morn with a clogged ear. I went to walk in clinic and was prescribed amoxicillin for blocked ear. Took decongestants regularly. Fullness never went away and I have crackling noise and bad pain that comes and goes. Pain and cracklings is always worse when my sinuses are running. I went to Cleveland clinic ENT who inquired about chronic sinus infections (I ve have seasonal allergies) and he recommended sinus surgery and said my ear problems should later go away. I had my passageways opened up wider. Surgery went fine but didn t fix my ear. He told me to wait it out. Six months later still had bad ear pain. Went back to see him he looked inside ear and said it looks good and that it always looked good. He referred me to another clinic ear ENT who told me I must have neuralgia and should see neurologist for Botox injections to cushion the nerves behind my ear. My pAin travels to my temple, behind ear wear mastoid is and into front and back of shoulder and arm. The pressure I feel in and behind my ear always gets worse when my sinuses act up. My ear gets itchy on the inside and sometimes it feels warm to me, but doesn t feel warm when I feel it. No fever. My sinus scan in the first couple months of symptoms showed thickened mucis in the one maxillary on the right side, but they said my ear looked good. No other tests performed. Please help, I m in pain and I don t think it s nuralgia. Amanda
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013