Single kidney, taking less protein, exercising. What should be the protein intake?

Hi, I have a question about nutrition, especially about Protein Intake. To give a background, I have single kidney by birth which I got to know 2 years back and that is working fine and is a little bigger than a single kidney of people with two kidneys which doctor say is alsi normal. But doctor s suggestion was to limit my protein intake or at least not to exceed but didn t get to know any specific amount. Since last 6 months or so, I have gotten into exercising(cardio + strength training) and I feel like limiting my protein intake is not helping me and may be I am taking less protein than I should be taking. I exercise for 2 hours(1 hour cardio + 1 Hour strength/weight training) 5 days a week. Can you please suggest me what should be my protein intake? Heigth: 5 2 , Male, Weight: 120lb(54Kg)
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012