Single kidney, had bypass surgery. Suggestions for having a healthy life?

Hi, I am Debarchana here from Bangalore, India. I have to ask you a question regarding my dad. My dad is 60+ in age. From his college days he is surviving in 1 kidney because he got his 1 kidney removed during his college days due to renal failure (i dont recollect the exact term). Currently his sugar level is normal but it fluctuates sometimes depending upon food taken and stress .Also he had a major bypass surgery due to artery blockage 4-5 yrs back..Kindly suggest me all those steps and measures which we should follow to keep him healthy and stay a long time without having any problem. Kindly suggest me how to keep his current working kidney healthy and keep him away from any kind of possible problems in terms of anything considering his situation.. Regards Debarchana
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012