Silver color runny nose with blue nostril. History of abuse substances. Reason for its occurrence?

I am a provider in a Children Services Agency. While at a recent visit to a home an adlut present had a runny nose that appeared to be the color silver, it was the color of a silver coin. There was also an appearance of something blue in the nostril . This individual has a history of previous abuse of substances. As a former medical assistant I have not ever seen a discharge from the nose this color. Are there any reasons this would occur or are their drugs that can cause this to happen, prescription or otherwise?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013