Silent migraine after having retinal detachment surgery, can see blind spots getting bigger with jagged borders. What could this be?

I have never had a migraine headache , however, I have exerienced what is called a silent migraine. I had one last March 2011 about one month after having retinal detachment surgery in my left eye. In July of this year, I had one and the symptoms were exactly the same, blind spots that got bigger and bigger with bright jagged borders, it lasted for maybe 30 mins, not sure I didn t time it. it sort of came on me. My question is can the symptoms of silent migraine change over time, can you have different visual symptoms than the ones I just described?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012