Side effects on fetus of smoking spice along with cigarettes?

HI MY NAME IS CATHY I HAVE CUSTODY OF MY GRANDDAUGHTER SHE TURNS A YEAR ON FRIDAY. HER MOM TESTED POSITIVE FOR MARIJUANA AT BIRTH SO CPS TOOK HER IN TIME I GOT HER. AND NOW SHE IS PREGNANT AGAIN AND DUE IN JANUARY SHE GAVE UP MARIJUANA BUT INSTEAD SHE SMOKES SPICE ALONG WITH CIGARETTES WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF SPICE ON A FETUS I WANT TO KNOW JUST IN CASE I HAVE TO BRING THIS NEW ONE IN MY HOME TOO
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Thanks for writing in to us.

Although it is her choice and you can't usually make people see reason in these things, maybe someone should inform her that the chemical make-up of "spice" and other legal smokable drugs like it is probably extremely bad for her baby. Worse even than cigarettes or if she had just continued to smoke weed. Spice is completely unnatural (made of mostly man-made chemicals) and has been involved in many deaths over the past few years. It is more dangerous to smoke spice or other weed alternatives than it is to smoke weed itself. People who have smoked it have had seizures and severe breathing problems.

Hope this helps

2 users find this helpful