Side effects of ginet 84

hi im 21yrs old and i have been taking the pill (ginet 84) for about a week now and i am having trouble sleeping could this be to do with the pill?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Jun 2011
,   ,   ,  
It is a contraceptive pills .it has many side effects & sleeping disorder can also occur ,so use under the supervision & guidance of gynec.     
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Kiran Kumar's  Response
Hi. Thanks for posting your query and for using Health Care magic.

Ginet 84 contains a combination of Cyproterone Acetate and Ethinyl Estradiol. Its an oral contraceptive pill.

The common side effects of this medication are,
* Breast tenderness (20%) and increase in bra size
* "Spotting" (irregular mild bleeding between periods)
* Nausea and loss of appetite
* Headaches
* Increased appetite and weight increase (uncommon)
* Mood changes
* Melasma (facial pigmentation)

Insomnia and sleep disturbance are not commonly mentioned but can also occur.
If its troubling you a lot then, you must consult your primary doctor for modification of your medications.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran